Scheduled or Preventative Maintenance is the regular, planned maintenance of critical equipment on time-based triggers, according to its usage.
The purpose of Preventative Maintenance is to lessen the likelihood of mechanical breakdowns which usually causes the loss of productivity due to equipment downtime and costs for repairs.
Unplanned maintenance can have a devastating effect on overhead costs, which can be avoided with proper maintenance planning. This cost includes the loss of production, higher costs for parts and shipping, and lost time in responding to emergency repairs and diagnosing equipment faults. Unplanned maintenance is typically three to nine times more costly and near impossible to track manually, especially when dealing with multiple pieces of critical equipment. In Preventative Planning Maintenance, each of these costs can be reduced, as equipment can be shut down to coincide with production downtime, any required parts, supplies, or personnel (who operate the equipment) can be gathered, to minimise repair time. These measures decrease the total cost of maintenance as well as improve the safety in the workplace as equipment break downs would happen less often.
- Triggered prompts appropriate for each piece of equipment based on its usage over time
- Preventative Maintenance data reporting for optimisation of operations
- Identification of Key Performance Indicators for increased productivity
- Efficiency in future Preventative Maintenance
- Reduced unplanned downtime due to asset failure
- Better margins and profits due to less downtime
- Prolonged life of the assets and less unnecessary maintenance and inspections
- Less injury risk and increased safety
- Fewer interruptions to vital operations as timely, routine repairs ensure fewer large-scale repairs
- Increased safety which also provides that the organisation remains compliant with OHSA standards
- Maintenance plans
- SLA Standards
- Managed Services
- Software as a Service (Saas)
- Change Management and Training
- System Implementation
- Data Analytics