Hot Desks are temporary workspaces for free-floating employees (including contract workers, support staff or in-office visitors), who do not require a permanent work area, but may need a place to work from for a limited amount of time.
It is a convenient way to optimise space utilisation, accommodate employees, and foster productivity. It also creates opportunities to expand workplace occupancy without disrupting day-to-day work functionality. It is a flexible solution to align with flexible working environments; also enabling the creation of unique working opportunities for Hot Desk Occupants.
Workspace related research has shown that individually “owned” spaces are unoccupied for 60% of the time. In having cloud-based software- connected to occupancy sensors, desk monitors, as well as room, floor and building-level occupancy analytics, a business can gain great insight with live visibility of its office utilisation patterns. The cloud-based software can integrate through open API with any third party real estate, facilities management, meeting room and desk booking software and systems. Hot Desking enables companies to optimise workspace, reduce operating costs and achieve efficiencies quickly and simply.
- The interpretation of data collected by occupancy sensors
- Real-time viewing of occupancy
- Historical reporting
- Understanding of the utilisation and efficiency of a working area
- Integration of meeting rooms into booking and building management systems
- Saves time, space and money
- The money saved can be spent on informal breakout areas and other office features
- Creates a more collaborative environment and increases interaction between staff
- Presents a neat and minimalist appearance
- A flexible solution for remote office workers and consultants
- It creates an equal office environment
- Advisory and Consulting
- Managed Services
- Software as a Service (Saas)
- Change Management and Training
- System Implementation
- Data analytics